The aim of the audit is to check security of applications by performing comprehensive analysis of the source code. The audit is performed by experienced, professional security engineers, who hold numerous certificates, such as CEH, OSCE, OSCP, OSWE, OSEE, CISSP, CISA, and have experience in the area of system security, system administration and software development. Risks of security breaches resulting from identified vulnerabilities are assessed according to the globally recognised CVSS standard. Audit results serve as a point of reference for managing risks and security incidents at the organisation. We have conducted such audits for banks, brokerages, leasing companies, energy providers, telecommunications service providers, producers, e-commerce businesses and others. More information can be found at http://optimapartners.pl/pl/projekty/projekty.
- Increasing the level of security of data processed in IT systems.
- Minimising the risk of security breaches and successful cyberattacks.
- Detecting current vulnerabilities, loopholes, errors in software and systems before they are detected by cybercriminals.
- Practical, implementable and cost-efficient recommendations (quick wins).
- Compliance with international norms and standards (ISO 27001, OWASP, OSSTMM, PCI DSS).
- Avoiding financial losses, reputational damage and legal consequences.
Automatic vs manual tests
Our methodology mainly focus on manual tests, which provide best quality. Around 70-90% of time is dedicated to manual tests performed by experienced security engineers. Even though automatic tests are very efficient, they generate a lot of false positives and do not guarantee detection of important vulnerabilities.
We use tried and tested tools for our tests, including commercial tools and ones designed by our security engineers. Our tools are designed and developed with specific systems and threats in mind to ensure their maximum efficiency during tests.
The results of our work are described in detail in a report, which usually consists of the following sections:
- Detailed results, including:
- Approach, methods and tools
- Identified vulnerabilities
- Evidence of vulnerabilities
- Security breach risk acc. to CVSS
Test results are presented in detail and discussed during meetings with the client.
In addition, we offer support with implementation of our recommendations, access to our security engineers and databases of information about vulnerabilities and ways of eliminating them.